The Visitation monastery in Le Mans, erected in 1822, replaced the one destroyed by the Revolution. It had between fifty and sixty nuns and had Mother Thérèse de Gonzague Freslon as Superior, who would succeed Mother Marie de Chantal Fleuriot.
The chaplain was Abbé Boulangé, a personal friend of Dom Guéranger, who liked to visit him and entrust the miraculous Virgin prayed in the chapel with his work of monastic restoration.
The boarding school, which would be closed in 1878, never had more than fifty students. Among the mistresses, it is necessary to name Sister Marie Aloysia Vallee whom the young Martin girls later liked to call Aunt Aloysia.