This very old abbey, Notre-Dame-du-Pré-lès-Lisieux, was founded around 1050 by Dame Lesceline, a relative of William the Conqueror. In the 1880s, it was directed in particular by Mrs. St-Placide.
The Abbey Girls' Boarding School is the oldest school in Lisieux; it was created in the XNUMXth century. This establishment, as old as it was at the time of Thérèse, knew how to be of its time and provide modern education. Young girls receive a wide and varied education there, as well as training in practical life, order and economy.
At the end of the XNUMXth century, the boarding school had about eighty students divided into five classes, each with two or three divisions. We usually spent two years in the same class. The students wore a uniform. Only distinguished them from the colored belts indicating the class.
Learn more about schooling of Martin girls.